Hyperbarics is the latest therapy in our arsenal against chronic disease. Available right here in central Scotland in Rutherglen , in a first of a kind installation. Watch the video, and read on below for more information.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Session
First in Scotland – our in-pharmacy Hyperbaric Chamber is available to book.
Sessions are available 930-4pm Monday – Saturday and are located at our head office Clinic75 Rooms.
Dickson Chemist, 35 Mitchell Arcade, Rutherglen, Glasgow, G73 2LS.
Access is via the roof car park. Disabled parking available.
Hyperbaric oxygen is one of the fastest-growing treatments worldwide for Long Covid.
Useful in a number of conditions, from general wellness to tiredness, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) has been in the news a lot recently, having gained popularity with the likes of Cristian Renaldo and Justin Blieber! The use of HBOT has been reported in various press articles.
At Dickson Chemist, we have a large number of patients with Multiple Sclerosis, who have historically been very keen on using Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT). Based on our experience with patients who have tried it, and had positive results, we have become the first pharmacy in the UK to install a Hyperbaric Chamber.
- Safe for almost everyone.
- Improves oxygen concentrations in your blood and tissues.
- There are published papers showing it can be useful for Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Long Covid, Post Viral Fatigue, Sports injuries and so much more.
- Already used by the NHS to promote wound healing.
- Available all over the world, with a very low risk of side effects.
How does the treatment work?
- One trial session is booked, where you are assessed by one of our qualified team. (BOOK YOUR TRIAL SESSION HERE)
- Each person is given a treatment plan, and any changes in your conditions are recorded at each session.
- Treatments are completed under the supervision of a healthcare professional.
- At the end of therapy we will recommend a treatment plan, from 5 to 20 sessions over a period of 1-3 months.
- You can block book, or pay as you go.
How much does it cost?
- Sessions start at £150 for one single treatment, there are then significant discounts for block bookings.
- Most patients will require a few sessions to see all the benefits
5 – £675 (10% discount)
10 – £1200 (20% discount)
15 – £1575 (30% discount)
20 – £1800 (40% discount)
Who is not suitable for HBOT?
- The chamber is pictured, and requires that the user has sufficient mobility to enter the chamber. (You can bring a helper if you need to!)
- Our chamber is individual, so it can be sterilised after each use, however this means that some people may be too tall or too big to fit effectively. If this is the case, we will refund your session(s).
- If you are currently undergoing chemotherapy, we need you to wait 4 weeks after your final dose before attending HBOT.
- If you have had something called a “pneumothorax” then HBOT is not suitable.
- If you have an implanted device (such as an insulin pump or pacemaker), then HBOT may not be possible as the change in pressure may affect the device. (NB: Some pacemakers are suitable, we would need to check with your manufacturer.)
- You must be able to give consent for therapy, so we will generally not treat children under 16, or patients with severe cognitive impairment.
- You can’t have botulinum or fillers for 2 weeks before therapy.
- The chamber has a large window and feels very comfortable inside, however, it is an enclosed space – so if you are claustrophobic then this may not be for you!
What about anti-ageing? I’ve read that HBOT can reduce the signs of ageing?
We have had a lot of patients ask if we offer anti-ageing therapies, as they have read the news article saying that HBOT can reverse biological ageing.
The simple answer is yes, but the treatment times and pressures involved are a bit different and they have to be more bespoke to each individual. As it is not a therapy for an illness, HBOT for anti-ageing incurrs VAT, making it a bit more expensive.
If you are interested in this, please email us on email@example.com and we will get back to you. You can also ask your comsetician, or beauty therapist to make a referral to us.